Even though they might not leave the theater with a golden statue, they’re definitely walking away with a golden goodie bag. Reportedly, the 2013 Oscar gift bags have$45,000 worth of swag inside ranging from airline tickets to spa treatments to condoms and cigarettes.
- A $12,000 trip to Australia — nominees can choose between two luxury resort stays
- $4,100 one-week all-inclusive fitness and weight loss retreat
- $600 worth of acupuncture, aromatherapy, and nutrition sessions
- $850 package of 10 personal training sessions
- $795 under counter water filtration system
- $5,000 “Vampire Facelift”
- $3,000 stay at the St. Regis Punta Mita Resort in Mexico
- $400 circus lessons for nominee’s children
- $1,800 Heathrow Airport private VIP service
- $204 custom candle package
- $120 worth of maple syrup
- Electronic cigarettes
- “The Ultimate Fuzz Remover” lint roller
- Laundry bag
- Portion-control dinnerware
- Combination bracelet-hair tie that goes for $80
last year’s giveaway was a worth a whopping $65,000 and included a $15,000 bottle of booze.
I suppose budget cuts are responsible for the $20,000 decrease in value this year.